Why am I a Conservative?
Being a conservative is about freedom and choice, the freedom to choose how we live our lives. A conservative places the family at the core of their principles because raising good, caring and hard working children will benefit society. Conservatives believe that when we work, we should get to keep more of that money we earn before taxation, and choose how and where we spend our earnings. Conservatives believe in the opportunity education can provide for us, therefore a means to rise out of poverty and provide for our families. Conservatives believe in a free economy and limiting state interference unless to safeguard the rights and best interests of the people, but that people are still responsible for their own actions. Conservatives believe in small government because people are capable of taking responsibility for their own actions and lives.
- Place family at the core of their principles.
- Believe in freedom of how we live our lives.
- Believe education and hard work is how we rise out of poverty.
- Believe we should keep more of our money before being taxed.
- Believe in a free economy but still safe guarding people’s rights and interests.
- Believe we are all responsible for our own actions.
- Believe in people.